Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sweet Frangrance

I took this photo with our old Nikon Coolpix camera because the Canon Powershot went to visit the grandparents. The blooms were a couple of days old in the vase and were starting to wilt, but I like the reflection series in the night window. The blooms came from the shrub/tree in the photo below. I think it is a kind of honeysuckle tree, but I am not sure. It has a sweet fragrance made stronger by bringing blooms into the house. I would love to know what this is. It thrives on the corner of our yard underneath pines and next to a white dogwood.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

bridgmanpottery said...

it is a harlequin glorybower, or clerodendrum trichotomum. It's in Felder Rushing's wonderful Passalong Plants book. Lucky you!

Julie Nolte Owen said...

Thank you for the identification! Felder lives in Jackson. I love listening to his radio show on Mississippi Public Broadcasting. Have you ever heard it?